I got a lot accomplished last week in my ongoing home transformation. So far my husband has been a good sport so I hope that continues for the rest of the year as I tackle a new room each month!
I have a full time job so most of the activity is done after dinner each night. Last week’s evenings looked like this:
- Monday: removed everything so we could paint
- Tuesday: taped the trim
- Wednesday: patched the holes and sanded
- Thursday: painted the first coat of Jersey Cream
- Friday: painted the second coat of Jersey Cream
After the painting was complete, I measured all the windows and sewed the valances. Since the back of my valances can be seen from the deck, I had to line them to prevent fading and unsightly views. I used a wonderful tutorial from Kelly at View Along the Way. The original tutorial is for drapes but the instructions and photos are super easy to follow and I simply adjusted the length to make a valance instead.
Once the valances were sewn, Eric hung “L” brackets and cut 1x4s to use as toppers.
We used a staple gun to attach the valance to the 1×4 then simply slid on top of the bracket.
The final result is awesome but I am saving photos for next week’s big reveal!