Not much to show in terms of progress, but lots to share about how the planning is coming along. Progress to date is only removing the wallpaper border and cleaning the ceiling fan.
I originally did not plan to paint but as is typical for me, I decided to remove the border since it did not match well with my new laundry room’s color. This of course, now means I have to paint. I also need to sand where the border was because it pulled up some of the paint that was there before. On a positive note, I’m sticking to the same color, Jersey Cream, and did manage to get a gallon for nearly 50% off during a big sales event Sherwin Williams had the last weekend of January. I love Sherwin Williams paint but at 50+ dollars a gallon, I try to use it sparingly unless I catch a good sale!
This time, I actually bought two gallons so I could combine a $15 off $75 purchase with the 30% paint sale. Since I don’t know if I will need to use both gallons in the breakfast room, I only had one mixed as Jersey Cream and left the other as the base white. One of the perks at Sherwin Williams is you can bring back unopened gallons and have them mix the color when you are ready instead of committing to a particular color at the time of purchase.
I have pale yellow walls, deep red accent pieces, and coral walls in the adjoining laundry room so I started my search for valances by trying to find material that would match. Imagine my surprise when I found the perfect material at Hobby Lobby for 30% off!
I also found a great tutorial for using electrical conduit as curtain rods for bay windows at Domestic Imperfection. I picked up the needed supplies for less than $20 so with my valance material and trim, the total project should come in less than $100.
This week I hope to finish preparing the walls and get started sewing the valances. That should leave me with painting fun for Valentine’s day and tackling the desk for next week!